Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

PETA, are you kidding me???

Today I read on a few blogs that PETA had launched a campaign in honor of NIAW (National Infertility Awareness Week). My first thought was "Great! Recognition is good.". How wrong I was!!! PETA's way of "honoring" and recognizing infertility is to give away a vasectomy to a fertile. Really?? I thought for sure that this must be a joke. There is NO WAY that anyone could be so heartless and cruel to do something like this. Apparently they are just that insensitive. They are trying to discourage overpopulation. Now don't get me wrong, I think that vasectomies are a great option for a man that is done having children. I also agree that if you are unable to care for more children or are having unprotected sex then it is the responsible thing to do. I support them wanting to give away a free vasectomy. But to do it under the guise of recognizing NIAW? That is just wrong on so many levels!

I wonder what they are trying to say? That infertility is God's way of preventing overpopulation? I really don't know what they are possibly trying to say with this disgusting campaign. Whatever they are trying to say or do it is not working. And if I didn't like PETA before I really dislike them now.

8 comments:

  1. ugg. that makes me sick.

    i want to protest. or write a stongly voiced letter.

    Peta can suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely!!What a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my stomach is turning. seriously turning. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of the many reasons I am no longer a PETA member... UGH... Sickening...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Hadn't heard this, so sad and disappointing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So they recognize NIAW by making someone infertile...pure ignorance.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.