Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Hello! Nice to meet you!

Yesterday was the first day of April's ICLW (see link on the right. Or is it the left?? It's there somewhere!) For those new to my blog let me tell ya a bit about me.

*I am not a newbie, but an infertile veteran. Hubby and I began ttc way back in the 90's. It was 1998 to be exact.

*We have so many things wrong with our reproductive organs that I don't even know where to start. A brief summary is no spermies, blocked tube, damaged ovary (on the side with the good tube...go figure!), endo, and mild PCOS. At least I still had a uterus or I would really be up a creek!

*We tried the adoption route first. Twice in fact. We are one of the horror stories that you hear about. Both fell through, one after we had the baby for 3 months. But even though it was not a good experience I am still a strong supporter of adoption. Just not for me.

*We did 4 IUIs with donor sperm. I de-fertilzed that man as well. The counts were high in the lab but once they thawed it the counts were low. Really??? We combined 2 vials and still no go. I even got a nice uterine infection too. I am one of those "if it can go wrong it will go wrong" kinda people.

*We had one last hope and it was embryo adoption. Wish I had heard of it years ago!!! The story is long but truly amazing! We did one FET and were so fortunate to get a BFP and last year we had the cutest little girl ever. And I mean ever!!! You just wanna gobble her up!!

*Though we are on the "other side" of infertility we still consider ourselves "infertiles". The pain is still there. The uncertainty as well. We want another baby but we have to go through the whole process again. No surprises for us!

The last 12 years were long, difficult and filled with pain. But they were good years as well. We grew as a couple and are still crazy in love. We have a strong relationship and are best friends. Infertility strengthened our relationship. I learned a lot through the journey. Though I admit, I still hate infertility. I have just learned to live with it better.

5 comments:

  1. It's been six years of infertility for us. Does it ever get any easier?
    We are also one of the "if it can go wrong, it will" club too.

    It may not mean much, but reading your blog as I have for the past several months, it gives me encouragement that there are others that know what we are going through.

    Thanks for being open and honest with your struggles.

    God Bless,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy in love!

    i so love reading that this journey has made your love with your husband that much stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    Here from the ICLW. :o) Your story is absolutely amazing and inspiring. My husband and I just had the first transfer for our first IVF yesterday and it seems like everything that could go wrong has, at least on my side... thank you for sharing your encouraging story!

    Love,
    Kim @ The Ladies in Waiting Book Club

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There!
    Just popped over for ICLW. I am always interested in embryo adoption blogs...it is where we are headed next and my heart is just full of excitement! So glad to know you found your LO through that avenue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from ICLW, you have amazing journey! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.