Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

do they ever look?

Tonight I was browsing through the Donor Sibling Registry to see if there was any posting from the clinic that we used when we had Maddie. They were the only clinic in the entire area to have an ED program and I thought for sure that there would be something on there. There was not. So I just browsed through everything, taking a look into the lives of people just like us. People wondering where their child began their genetic journey. Or where they themselves came from. Then I wondered if Maddie's genetic family was out there somewhere sitting in front of a computer screen, browsing the Registry as well. Do they ever think about the 6 little embryos they donated? Are they curious to know if a child or two resulted from their generous gift? I know that I would. And maybe one day they will find us on there. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make me feel important.