Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Not much longer now!

With the New Year right around the corner we are gearing up for our next attempt at an FET. Currently I am about 2 weeks from AF showing and once she makes her presence known I can begin estrogen. Then it is a waiting game for my mid-cycle scan to check my uterine lining. Everything hinges on that. If all goes well we should be on schedule for a late January transfer. I am starting to get excited!!!

In other news we did have an addition to our household. Meet Dugan, aka Doogie Bowser.

 Photobucket

Photobucket

He is an 8 week old Maltese and just the cutest little guy. And yes, I know that getting a puppy right before an FET and possibly adding a baby or two to the family is insane! But Maddie has been begging for a puppy. And she "wuvs" her puppy. He looks just like our beloved Dudley that we had to put to sleep last year. I still miss him like crazy and while Dugan does not replace him, he does fill a void. So far he is a great little guy. He is doing very well with house breaking and sleeping at night. Let's hope it continues.


One last thing! There is a new EA blogger that just started her first cycle. Please take a moment to visit her blog, show her some love, and maybe even follow her! You can find her here. :)



8 comments:

  1. Godspeed with your cycle, Jess! And such a cute puppy!

    I don't think we'd make it a year without a dog... even if I was about to give birth, we need a dog in our lives! They just make everything so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe we are going to cycle so closely to one another - SO EXCITING! And thank you for mentioning my blog in your post!

    I love the nickname Doogie Bowser. When I read that, it made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K i am blog staulking u from BC. So exciting u are getting close to FET we have our mock transfer in less than 2 weeks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new addition! He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came acrossed your blog and excited to follow you as you started your cycle. I am starting my first DE/IVF cycle in Jan/Feb and it is so comforting to read about other people going through a similar thing! Best wishes for a happy healthy and fertile 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought I'd say hello! I just started following your blog because we are getting ready to start the embryo adoption process and was looking for people who are going through it. Excited to read how your future FET goes! Good luck and baby dust :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! We are going to be very close on the FET cycle! I start estrogen on 1/18, mock on 2/7 and then transfer in March :)
    Praying for your little ones and you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! Our transfer is in a couple weeks... Yikes.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.