Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

first official expense

Photobucket

This is a receipt for the paperwork that I mailed to the clinic today. It is now official! We are are on our way to ttc baby number 2. We have decided to go with the clinic in Jacksonville. We chose them for a few different reasons, one of which is that there is no wait at this time. We should be able to get started very shortly. Well, as "shortly" as anything infertility related goes. Once they receive my medical records and new patient forms someone will call me to schedule my phone consult. From there I will do any testing and begin choosing our embryos. ***And Chelle, to answer your question, they do have several sets of mixed race embryos currently available**. And then it is just a matter of scheduling, getting my meds, and traveling. We are hoping that we will be ready by November at the latest, maybe even October.

When I spoke to the clinic last week I told them that I needed to get back with them before we scheduled anything. I have been so torn on which clinic to choose. Last time everything just fell into place without much effort on my part. This time we have too many decisions to make. But as soon as I hung up I felt like this was the place to go. DH told me to call right back and get started and I did. Then I asked to speak to the financial office again to clarify something and my original estimate was off by about $500. And I might have to travel twice. Then I began to doubt. Is God really going to provide the money needed? Is this the right place? Is this a sign to look elsewhere? Doubts just flooded my mind. Then I was angry that finances was even a consideration. Teenagers get pregnant for free every day. Crack whores make money while getting pregnant. And I have to pay. And pay a lot! Then I felt guilty. God HAS provided the money for us and I need to just rest in Him.

We received an inheritance from my MIL's estate. Not a large one by any means, but enough to get a new used vehicle, pay off some bills and try EA again. The problem that I am struggling with is that the more we spend on EA the less we have for bills. Hubby racked up some medical bills over the last year and we want to get all of that paid off. But we may not be able to. And that is okay. I would rather make payments on the bills and try for a baby now. So I am learning to be thankful and patient. Thankfulness is not so difficult, but that patience one is HARD!

So sit back, buckle up and let's enjoy this ride together!! I could really use the support! ;)

9 comments:

  1. Yea! Congrats on taking that first official step.

    When we officially decided to go the EA route with an agency, I had many of the same thoughts you are having. Then I heard the song, "Walk on the Water" by Brit Nicole and knew we were making the right choice. It was hard to know where the money was going to come from (and I still worry about that for our 2nd and 3rd attempts with our remaining embies) but honestly, when you follow God's lead it all falls into place. Maybe not perfectly or right away, but eventually it does.

    Praying for you as you take the next steps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you. Just follow your heart and it will all work out.
    kd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that money even has to play into these kind of decisions.

    Looking forward to following this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you honey!! We are hoping to transfer our one and only frostie in October! Cheers to an easy peaceful zen cycle until then!
    All my best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard because the money aspect does dictate a lot of this. However, it does seem like things always seem to work out some how some way. I'm so happy for you and your journey for baby number 2. If you end up with an oct transfer, we can be cycle buddies. Wishing you all the best. Smooth sailing from here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I hope for smooth sailing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea! Congrats! My hubbie and I have been kicking around the idea of EA lately too. It's been years since weve ttc, and I thought maybe I had accepted my childless plot in life, but lately I've been really wanting to try again. Im going back to read thru your blog again because I want to know about others experiences with EA. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting! We have used two different clinics in JAX, so if you have any questions, send me an email! babyattheend@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting!! I keep coming back to this option for us. Especially with how long our adoption journey for #2 is becoming.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me feel important.