Our journey through infertility, failed adoptions and now parenthood through the miracle of embryo adoption/donation.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A few steps forward

Yesterday I had a consultation with a new clinic, one that has a donor embryo program. Very few clinics actually have available embryos so I was excited to find them. There was one negative though: their embryos are only for their patients. So I made the appointment in hopes of becoming one! I had hoped that after 6 months or so I could broach the subject of using donor embryos and then get on their list to find a match. Much to my surprise God had other things in store for us!

I informed the doctor that I might have a family wanting to donate their embryos to us but it was not definite yet. After asking me about the process through Miracles Waiting he said that it would be easier and cheaper if we used embryos through them. And currently that had some available and he would let me move forward. Now!! So early this fall we will be ready to have a transfer with donated frozen embies!! This does not guarantee that we will become parents but it is a positive step in the right direction. We are so excited!!! This is an amazing answer to prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make me feel important.